Thursday, September 3, 2015

HOW MY HOME FOUND ME

I knew I wanted to move- had to move-was itching to move, and yet I couldn’t muster the energy to go through the process of driving around looking at houses, apartments and condos. IN fact just the thought of going through that process gave me the willies. UGH. I was having dream after dream about moving into a new spacious home. Still, I could not make myself go look at a single thing. Instead, I started purging and packing, making my way through every drawer and closet, every book shelf and box, every scarf, shoe and hair clip…every nick knack and picture …until one day, in a fit of overwhelm, I decided to take a break and fled to a coffee house to do a bit of soul searching.

 I sat, I had my coffee…I wrote myself a letter.  I wrote a love letter from the deeper, bigger, Me…all about living in a beautiful and spacious home, deserving to have ease and beauty, kind neighbors and safety, trees right out front and lake very close by , a porch and a deck, a garden, a fireplace and hard wood floors,  I also didn’t want to cut grass or shovel snow…and for the first time since I had the original impulse to move, I believed that I could have exactly what I wanted. I felt something in my body release…like a long held breath but deeper and more visceral. I knew that what I sought also sought me. And I said OK…I am willing to do what it takes physically, mentally and emotionally to move- I can do this. I closed my notebook and stood. I felt a little light headed and dreamy, I felt good.

So, as I was leaving the coffeehouse, I thought, “Oh what the hell-”..and turned to the 3 guys there, and said “Hey-do any of you know about houses for rental or option? I want …(and I listed everything I could think of, imagining I’d get a few chuckles at my laundry list)  and then the Magic happened.   The owner of the coffee house said he knew of a house someone just bought that really fit my description-and- it was right down the street…he asked if I wanted to see the outside- right now.

When I saw the porch with the two big trees shading it, I fell in love. Saw myself sitting on that porch. Saw the lake at the end of the block, and the big double drive, deck, and fenced back yard with raised planting beds. I said, “Yes- call the owner!”

I drove down the street and saw a sign saying “Welcome to Moss Point” and in that instant, I knew absolutely that I was to live on that street. If not in that house, in another…I was scheduled to take level Two Dream Teacher’s Training from Robert Moss and Mosswood Hollow in Seattle at the end of July. I went home and canceled my trip, explaining that I’d be moving to Moss Point that week. And I did. Here are a few of the synchronicities that followed…

  • When I went back to meet the owner the next day, it turned out that we knew each other-he’s a local cop that frequented a coffeehouse I also frequented years ago.
  • My personal reference, who is my accountant and friend of 25 years, is someone the owner’s wife babysat for more than a decade ago.
  • A second house that caught my eye, farther down the block. It was for sale, and I saw it also…as a backup, since the house I loved had two people already asking about it. The other house was same style and color but It had a red door, as did one of the dream houses (and ALL of the other amenities except for a deck).
  • I got the call to come discuss a move in date, and was  told that lawn service and snow removal were included (wow wow wow).
  • Several neighbors commented that I must be the right person for that house, since the woman who’d lived there previously was named Lark, and I’m Raven.
There are more synchronicities…too numerous to mention here, but all puzzle pieces that kept informing me that I need look no farther. I was (and still am) thrilled.
It's peaceful, spacious and beautiful here.
 
So..that’s how my home found me, it called to me from The Dreaming, got the attention of my Deep Self and fortunately, I listened , communicated, received and acted on the memo.  I am grateful and happy for all those who helped .

1 comment:

  1. WOW Raven great example of being available for magic download.

    ReplyDelete