Friday, November 6, 2015

THE TRANSITIONS HOTEL

This is the time of year when we often think of our ancestors, and of friends we love who are deceased. I am going to share an ongoing experience I have of a meeting place between the worlds.  I regularly dream of a place I have come to call The Transitions Hotel. It is a large grey stone structure, on a city street, with huge beautiful glass doors. I could describe, in vivid detail, the street the shops and restaurants which I have gone to in the dreamspace, and even the small indoor ‘mall’ with its shops and shopkeepers.

 But that’s not what’s remarkable about The Hotel. What’s remarkable is that it is a place in the Between where the newly dead can acclimate to their new existence, where the living can come to meet with those who have crossed, where people who may be close to death can visit and where the living and dead alike take 'classes' about the nature of reality, and about the transition between living as an embodied being and living after the body quits. It’s a meet-up location in the Bardo. I have been there so often I sometimes find myself in The Hotel during meditation when I am fully awake. It is fascinating, not at all a frightening place. I have been shown amazing things about weather, the nature of reality and the way our energies

 I  once dreamed I met a friend that was lost and afraid, looking for a ride. He was someone I’d never known to be afraid of anything. He got in my car and I knew I needed to take him to The Hotel. He was greeted warmly and welcomed by staff who led him inside and when they went in through a side door, I saw for an instant that on either side of the door, there were beautifully rendered barely visible drawings of Anubis. Several days later, I found out that this friend, that I had not seen or heard from for 8 months, was  at home in hospice care and dying from very aggressive cancer that was only recently discovered.  I was glad that I got to see him in the Dreaming, and know he was being cared for. Most of my experiences at The Hotel aren’t that dramatic, but I wanted to share one that had a clear connection in waking life.

 Sometimes, like last night, I’m in ‘mixed company’ and have no idea which people are embodied dreamers and which are those who have crossed.  The courtyard was set up with tables and chairs and we were chatting, waiting for a speaker to begin. It was a talk about helping the living relax about staying in contact with the ‘dead’ (they’re not dead, just without a dense body, so that word, irks some of them) . 
Now, you might think that I have gone ‘round the bend or that I’m delusional or just bat-shit crazy…but…if you have ever had a dream of a deceased loved one, or a feeling that you were being guided or looked after, or a ‘coincidence’ that reminded you of someone who has passed, think again.  I assure you, that there is a great deal that you can do to bridge the gap between the worlds, to relax about death and what comes after, and to more directly have contact with those who have gone before us.

 My friend, Whitley, recently posted a journal entry about his ongoing contact with his recently deceased wife.( http://www.unknowncountry.com/journal/weave-journey-meeting#.VjtbjEpdt8I.facebook ) which inspired me to write this blog. I encourage you to read it.

 You too have the ability to find that place where it is easy to communicate with those who have crossed, and where you can, if you wish, also learn more about the nature of your own soul and the magnificent reality in which we participate. If you want to explore these ideas more deeply, my first suggestion is to start keeping a journal in which you record dreams, coincidences, synchronicities and intuitive experiences.    May your dreams bring you Joy.

 

1 comment:

  1. On a recent visit home, my sister and I reminisced about the dreams we both still have about our deceased grandparent's old house. It was a big Victorian filled with dark woodwork and lots of great places for kids to explore. In my dreams, I'll find a secret cubby hole in the wall filled with jewels or some other mysterious treasures. In my sister''s dreams, she'll open a door to discover huge, magnificent rooms she never knew existed. It's been more than 25 years since our grandparents died and the house was sold, but it has some magic about it that remains for both of us.

    ReplyDelete