Wednesday, November 9, 2016

CHOICE AND RESPONSIBILITY

To have power in our lives, we must accept the consequences of our choices. Unfortunately, what seems to be free will choice is often a product of our bias, and of our unconscious filters that blind us to any reality that does not fit with the way we want things (or people) to be.  When we fail to challenge our own minds, and neglect the responsibility of testing our own assumptions, we then have to live with the uninformed decisions we have made and their unintended consequences.
                
I stand for a world in which women are treated with equal respect and given equal opportunities and equal pay as men. I stand for a world in which our bodies are sacred and our reproductive rights are upheld. I stand for a world in which people of all colors and all gender orientations are safe from persecution. I vow to strive every day to make my actions reflect inclusiveness, compassion, and tolerance for those different from me.

I want to believe that each of us doing this in our own hearts, families and neighborhoods, is enough. The truth is, I don’t know.  We MUST find and reach the tipping point that allows the good of the many to outweigh the needs of the few.

 So I will also say this as well: that I will fight, protest, march on Washington and participate in a revolution if necessary to protect those who are bullied, persecuted and threatened.  To do any less, is to agree to take a giant evolutionary step backwards.
Not on my watch.

Stand with me. Stand up for what is good and right in people and in the world. Stand against passivity that permits racism and sexism to flourish. Stand for a world in which we evolve consciously, set aside our differences, and unite for our greater good.

No comments:

Post a Comment